Makita Rear-Handle Circular Saw Video Preview
The new Makita cordless rear-handle circular saw (XSR01) uses two 18V batteries to give you 36V power. Its 7-1/4 inch blade runs at 5100 RPM and we buried it into a 6x6 to test the power. So far we're fairly impressed.
The kit version will come with two 5.0 Ah batteries which make over 500 cross cuts in 2x4 material. There's an integrated wide rafter hook, and the battery indicator will let you press single button to get the status of both packs.
The most amazing thing about this tool may be that it only weighs around 12.3 pounds—with two batteries inserted. That's lighter than a worm drive. Speaking of the mechanism, this rear-handle saw uses a pair of bevel gears to deliver the needed torque. We're looking forward to doing a more thorough review shortly.
It will ship in the Spring.
Makita Rear-Handle Circular Saw
- Model number: Makita XSR01Z (Bare), Makita XSR01PT (Kit)
- Power Source: (2) Makita 18V LXT batteries
- 2-9/16-inch cutting capacity at 90 degrees
- 0 to 53-degree bevel with positive stops at 22.5 and 45 degrees
- Magnesium base and blade guard
- Electric brake
- Built-in tether notch
- Price: TBA