Hospital Visitor Killed After Being Sucked into MRI Machine, Staff Arrested

Hospital Visitor Killed After Being Sucked into MRI Machine, Staff Arrested

Three hospital staff in Mumbai, India have been arrested after a visitor to the facility died from injuries he sustained when suddenly sucked into an MRI machine.

Rajesh Maru, 32, was visiting an elderly female relative at Nair Hospital in Agripada in south Mumbai on Saturday evening when the freak incident happened. The patient was given an oxygen cylinder to breathe from and Maru was carrying it for her while she was taken for an MRI scan.

The machines have a strong magnetic field when operating, and patients undergoing scans are not allowed to carry metal items such as jewelry.

Maru’s brother-in-law, who was also at the hospital, told police that Maru stopped at the entrance to the MRI room but was told to enter by staff who assured him the machine was switched off, reports NDTV.

Suddenly Maru was sucked into the device, becoming trapped between the machine's frame and the metal oxygen cylinder he was holding. After he was pulled from the machine he was rushed to the emergency ward, but died within minutes. Maru’s family are accusing the hospital of medical negligence over the incident.

 

Read more from RT here

First Major City Out Of Water

First Major City Out Of Water

Trump Wants Jay Z to Know That Black Unemployment is at a Record Low

Trump Wants Jay Z to Know That Black Unemployment is at a Record Low