Majority of Canadians (60%) Say It’s Time for Another Federal Party to Take Over as Trudeau Liberals Continue Slide

Majority of Canadians (60%) Say It’s Time for Another Federal Party to Take Over as Trudeau Liberals Continue Slide

Discontent with the federal Liberals is on the rise as a majority say it’s time to replace the Trudeau government: a new Ipsos survey for Global News reveals that six in ten Canadians (60%) think it’s time for another federal party to take over. Conversely, only four in ten (40%) feel that the Trudeau government has done a good job and deserves re-election. The appetite for change extends to a majority in most regions of the country: 73% of Albertans, 73% of those in Saskatchewan and Manitoba, 61% of Ontarians, 58% of Quebecers, and 56% of British Columbians say it’s time for another party to take the reins. Only in Atlantic Canada is a majority (58%) still willing to give the Trudeau government a second chance, with only 42% saying the government should be replaced.

This desire for change at the Federal level is apparent in the national popular vote: if an election were held tomorrow, the Liberals would receive 31% of the national popular decided vote (down 2 points since early March), while the Conservatives would receive 38% of the vote (unchanged) and would win the election. The NDP would receive 23% support (up 2 points), suggesting that the controversy around leader Jagmeet Singh and his loyalties have not had an adverse impact on his party’s support. In fact, the NDP has benefited from the Liberal decline. The Bloc Québécois would receive 3% nationally, unchanged (15% support within Quebec, up 2 points). Other parties, including the Green Party, would receive 6% of the vote (up 1 point). Two in ten are either unsure (17%) of who they would vote for or wouldn’t vote (5%).

 

Read more from IPSOS here

The Joe Budden Podcast Episode 155 | "Daily Mail"

The Joe Budden Podcast Episode 155 | "Daily Mail"

Emergency Alerts are Coming to Your Phone Next Week

Emergency Alerts are Coming to Your Phone Next Week